Monday, April 17, 2006

Day 349

[reading: Michael Peskin & Daniel Schroeder, "An Introduction to Quantum Field Theory"]

So I've ordered the new Tomb Raider game. The reviews seem to imply it's a decent game, but mostly I'm just a slave to tradition. For a number of years (1996-2000), my standard Xmas routine was to stay home, play Tomb Raider and eat crispy aromatic duck. The games got worse and worse with each iteration; the duck didn't. (The tradition is slightly changed now: a friend of mine usually comes over, and we spend the day watching DVDs and muttering 'humbug'. There's still crispy duck, although twice as much* now.)

Anyway, hopefully it's rather better than the last Tomb Raider game. Apparently, it's also not too long, so it shouldn't take up too much of my remaining Copious Free Time.


* I made a fatal tactical and strategic mistake the first time I had a guest and two crispy ducks: I put the ducks on separate plates. This meant that it was immediately obvious when I'd finished all of my duck and was about to start devouring his (that's the tactical mistake part). It also meant he now insists on separate plates every year (strategic mistake). Drat.

No comments: