Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Day 344

[reading: Dave Sim, "High Society"]

Its odd the habits you get into. Once upon a time I worked on a codebase where you werent allowed to use single quote characters*; it took me ages to get out of the habit of skipping apostrophes. I just now realized that Im starting to avoid using ampersands, because they interfere with HTML and XML and its easier to avoid them than to keep track of what system Im typing for.

In other news, I've spent a day or so fiddling with some noddy 3D wireframe animation stuff. So far, it looks like I've only made one sign error. Modulo two, at least.


* This was back in 1987; the codebase was in Pascal, but it was automatically translated from Pascal into C and the slightly-bodged translator code didn't cope with single quotes properly.

No comments: