Monday, November 28, 2005

Day 209

Overall, the aim of having Copious Free Time is to get around to a whole bunch of things that I've wanted to do for ages. One of those things is to get through my unread books stack.

Well, today the count finally dropped into single figures*. It had come close a couple of times in the past, but each time a new Amazon aid parcel would arrive before it could break the magic threshold.

Of course, the books that are left on the list are the really tricky ones. The books I'd like to have read, rather than the books I'd actually like to read—and so I never quite get around to actually reading them. Big, thick books, full of dense type.

But still, nearly there.


*Well, ish. A year or two ago I acquired a couple of shelves of books from a friend who was just going to dump them at a charity shop; I don't include those in the count. So I guess it's actually a count of unread books that I've paid money for.

3 comments:

Henri-V said...

I've been amazed at the volume of reading you have completed. A new book with almost each entry, hurrah. I want to get back my attention span for works of fiction ...

I'm finally revealing my identity, Galloglass. I put you on my blogroll last week and do enjoy reading your posts. Drop by if you feel like, or not -- I'm understanding that I'm not everyone's cup of tea.

galloglass said...

Hi there; nice to hear from you unmasked. Would I be right in assuming that most or all of the Anonymous comments over the last few weeks are from you? I'll also wander over and take a look at your blog soon (disconcertingly, my copious free time isn't quite as copious as it was a week or two ago).

Henri-V said...

Yep, that was me. No worries about immediate reciprocation.