Saturday, October 15, 2005

Day 165

[reading: Robert Jordan, "Knife of Dreams"]

"Curmudgeonliness is next to godliness"

Grr. It's incredibly annoying how really straightforward things turn out to be very difficult. All I wanted to do was post a letter. It's quite a heavy letter, so I nipped into the post office to weigh it and to check how many stamps it needed. Weighing it was simple enough (83g), but as far as I could tell in five minutes searching, there was no information anywhere about how much it costs to post a letter. In a post office. No leaflets, no posters, no scales with the amounts marked on them. Given the huge queue, in the end I resorted to going home and checking the filthy internet instead. (I should probably have just gone in on a weekday instead, given that I've got Copious Free Time).

No comments: