Thursday, May 26, 2005

Day 22

So the main part of today has been spent getting the contents of this blog written up. I scribbled some notes about what I've been up to as I went along, but it takes a surprising amount of time to convert it all into some kind of semi-coherent HTML form (all three thousand words of it). I'm presuming that keeping it up-to-date as I go along will take rather less effort, else the whole thing is doomed to failure.

The other activity for the day has been to get inducted at the gym. In a fit of efficiency (lunacy?) I signed up on Tuesday for a year's membership, under the assumption that I should have plenty of time to get a bit fitter in my Copious Free Time

Mike also pointed out that a better title for this might be "Superfluous Leisure":

Isabella: I have no superfluous leisure: my stay must be stolen out of other affairs; but I will attend you a while.
(Measure for Measure, Act III, Scene 1)
I'm annoyed that I didn't think of it myself (given that it was my (ersatz) .signature for a month or two last year); Mike also claims he's going to use it himself so I can't even steal it.

No comments: