Friday, May 06, 2005

Day 2

[reading: Michael Marshall, "The Lonely Dead"]

So in an effort to check all of the previous figures, I've started entering all of my tax return information into a spreadsheet. Yes, I am in fact more anal than anyone else you've ever met. And I like Excel (or in fact, OpenOffice in this case).

Of course, I can't actually use any of this information yet to fill in my tax return for this year, because I've not had any of the forms from anyone (two P60s, an P11D, and, oh yes, a tax return). Sigh.

Also met up with some of the folk from my recently departed job for a post-work (for them at least) drink. One of them helpfully pointed out how it had taken him six months to find another job after he'd taken a sabbatical to go travelling. Personally, I put it down to jealousy.

No comments: